Development Information Management Officer
Duties & Responsibilities
- The officer navigates online sources, skims and relevantly identify, classify and post Requests for Proposals and Requests for Application issued by funding agencies and international organizations across the MENA countries.
- Classify the relevant opportunities per sector, sub-sector, services, and sub-services requested, country, type, category etc.
- Create profiles of new procuring agencies including development Funding Agencies and / or Development Implementing partners of profit and non-profit organizations.
- He / or she will make sure that opportunities and organizations profiles are posted in real-time and are accurately searchable.
Qualification & Skills
- A university degree in Social Sciences including International Development, Political Science, International Relations, International Organizations, Economics, Sociology and / or in any other development related studies, etc.
- 2-5 years of experience in international or local non-governmental organizations, development consulting forms, development aid research centers and / or donor-funded development projects.
- Intensive online research, internet mining and exploration.
- Quick reading, skimming & comprehension skills in English language.
- Critical thinking and scientific guessing skills
- High attention to details
- Demonstrates flexibility, agility and good spirit of team working skills
What is DARPE?
Our purpose is to increase access to information to foster building long-term and trusted partnerships by designing client-focused, competitive, thoughtful, and meaningful development-aid funded projects — All for the benefits of children, women, and men we serve in the MENA region. Visit us at www.darpe.me for more information. DARPE is the only platform that brings funders and implementers, businesses and non-profits, and everyone in-between together under one roof throughout the Middle East and North Africa countries.
We deliver the business intelligence information that development practitioners need to move a tender or grant opportunity into a winning proposal throughout the MENA region. We help consulting businesses, nonprofit organizations, individual consultants as well as research institutes and public-sector agencies, achieve effective and efficient partnership, business development and proposal development processes. These, in turn, contribute to increased contract and grant awards and enhanced levels of revenue.