What is DARPE?
Our purpose is to do more good for more people and we think the right information can make a big difference — whether to build trusted partnerships and / or to design meaningful and thoughtful development-aid funded projects — All for the benefits of children, women and men we serve in the MENA region and beyond.
DARPE is the only platform that brings funders and implementers, businesses and non-profits, and everyone in-between together under one roof throughout the Middle East and North Africa countries. DARPE provides the information necessary for international and national nonprofit organizations, consulting firms and individual consultants to win development funded awards and contracts more efficiently and effectively.
The Development Information Management Officer (DIMO) will navigate tens of donor agencies and development implementing partners web sites to identify, classify and post Procurement Notices of Tenders and Grant opportunities on a daily basis. The person is responsible for making sure that opportunities’ tracking and profiling efforts are timely, up-to-date, appropriately-classified and searchable with great accuracy and reliability. The officer will contribute to mapping active development aid partners, post and update comprehensive organizations’ profiles
Duties & Responsibilities
- Daily and in real time identify, data entry and posting at DARPE platform, Procurement Notices including Tenders, grants and individual consulting opportunities from tens of procuring agencies and foundations which fund, design and implement development-aid funded projects throughout the Middle East region.
- Skim and read procurement notes such as Requests for Proposals and Calls for Applications, etc. Classify these business and partnership opportunities per the appropriate development sectors, sub-sectors and type of professional and consulting services and sub-services requested.
- Search, identify, classify and post profiles of donors’ agencies, international organizations, national and regional NGOs, private development consulting businesses among other. Activities include synthesizing and writing meaningful organizational overview. Classify per DARPE classification index, find and add contact information.
Qualification & Skills
- University degree in Social Sciences, Development Studies, Political Science, Development Economics, International Relations, Sociology, Community Development, English Literature ,etc.
- 2-5 years of working experience in Development Aid funded projects, international organizations, national NGOs, development consulting firms among others.
- Excellent capacity to read, comprehend and interpret narratives in English Language
- Very good capacity to skim and skip several documents daily
- Has critical thinking and can apply scientific guess when classifying documents per development sectors and type of services requested
- The job requires intensive desktop research, internet mining and exploration and high attention to details.
- It requires long hours staying behind the screen
- DARPE is a non-smoking work environment.