What is DARPE?
Our purpose is to do more good for more people and we think the right information can make a big difference — whether to build trusted partnerships and / or to design meaningful and thoughtful development-aid funded projects — All for the benefits of children, women and men we serve in the MENA region and beyond.
DARPE is the only platform that brings funders and implementers, businesses and non-profits, and everyone in-between together under one roof throughout the Middle East and North Africa countries. DARPE provides the information necessary for international and national nonprofit organizations, consulting firms and individual consultants to win development funded awards and contracts more efficiently and effectively.
Daily navigate tens of donor agencies and development implementing partners web sites to identify, classify and post Procurement Notices of Tenders and Grant opportunities. The person is responsible on making sure that opportunities tracking and profiling efforts are timely, up-to-date, appropriately-classified and searchable with great accuracy and reliability. The officer will contribute to mapping active development aid partners, post and update a comprehensive organizations’ profiles.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Identify, classify and post on DARPE platforms www.darpe.me all relevant tenders and grants, Request for proposals, Requests for Applications and other procurement notices throughout the Middle East region
- Search, identify, classify and post profiles of donors’ agencies, international organizations, national and regional NGOs, private development consulting businesses among other. All which fund and / or implement Development Aid funded projects in MENA countries. Activities include synthesizing and writing organizational overview, classify per DARPE classification index and find contact information
- Search and advise of online sources that share and post relevant procurement notices
Experience and Qualification
- A university degree in Social Sciences including International Development, Political Science, Economics, International Relations, Sociology, English Literature ,etc.
- A good understanding of development aid and development aid cooperation modalities
- Seasonal knowledge across the Sustainable Development Goals
- Very good to excellent English Language
- 5-7 years of working experience in Development Aid funded projects, international organizations, national NGOs, development consulting firms among others.
- Excellent capacity to read, comprehend and interpret narratives in English Language
- Very good capacity to skim and skip several documents daily
- Has critical thinking and can apply scientific guess when classifying documents per development sectors and type of services requested
- Capacity and interest to search online data extensively
- High attention to details
- Demonstrates flexibility, agility and good spirit of team working skills