While seeking grants from the government or foundations isn't easy and requires research, creativity, and precision, it doesn't have to be complicated. As a business, profit, or nonprofit, a good grant writing book can be an invaluable resource to help enable you to write effectively and professionally. This will, in turn, make your chances of getting the grant much higher. In this blog post, we'll take a look at 6 of the best grant writing books for 2021, so you can learn how to write proposals that get funded.
1. The Only Grant-Writing Book You'll Ever Need
This classic book on grant seeking was written by two experts who have secured millions of dollars in government and foundation grants. The book provides a comprehensive, step-by-step guide for government, nonprofit, and individual grant seekers and is perfect for those who are looking to write their first grant application. Drawing on years of experience in grant writing, Ellen Karsh and Arien Sue Fox offer indispensable advice that guides through the process of creating a successful proposal from building your idea into an argument that will convince donors to give you funds. It also discusses development relationships with potential granters.
The book includes vital information including:
- How to layout a proposal
- What tone of voice each section should have
- When to use numbers
- Hands-on exercises that let you practice what you learn
You can buy The Only Grant-Writing Book You'll Ever Need on Amazon.
2. How to Write a Grant: Become a Grant Writing Unicorn
Meredith Nobel is modernizing how grant writing is taught, helping those looking for a career change become freelance grant writers. Meredith has secured over $42 million in grant funding, and her students have secured over $250 million – a number that grows daily. Her book provides clear and practical advice on how to write grants, from tips on finding grant opportunities that match your goals, creating the perfect proposal, and following up with potential granters. This book will fast track your learning curve to become a talented grant writer.
The book covers topics like:
- How to write a grant in seven steps
- How to write a convincing narrative
- Where to find grants to go after
- How to avoid running out of time when applying
- Where to find match funding
- How to prepare a grant budget (with bonus access to a free budget spreadsheet template!), and more.
If interested, you may buy this book, How To Write A Grant by Meredith Noble, on Amazon.
3. The Beginner's Guide to Grant Writing: Tips, Tools, & Templates to ng Grants Write Winning Grants (Grant Writing & Funding)
Holly Rustick has secured millions of dollars for organizations worldwide and in this book she shares her proven G.R.A.N.T.S. formula, a great starting point if you are new to grant writing. This guide will show you how to write clear and compelling grant proposals with tips on finding the right grant provider for your organization, crafting an effective narrative that tells donors what you will do with their money, and organizing information into impressive tables and charts.
What you will learn from this book :
- How to find grant givers
- The myths and truths about grants
- Developing a mindset for sucessful grant writing
- The five basic parts of writing a grant
- The G.R.A.N.T.S formula
Buy The Book Now: The Beginner's Guide to Grant Writing on Amazon.
4. Grant Writing For Dummies - 6th Edition
- How to find grant opportunities in the public or private sector
- How to create strong statements of need tailored for your prospects
- How to navigate federal regulations
- How to apply for grants online
Buy the book on Amazon by clicking here.
5. How To Write A Nonprofit Grant Proposal: Writing Winning Proposals To Fund Your Programs And Projects
This next book is a great read for beginners in grant writing as it provides thorough information on the different types of grants and how to find them. It also provides tips on how to improve your writing skills so that you are empowered to make a case for why your organization is a deserving recipient.
The book explains:
- Proposal writing in general: What a good proposal looks like, making your case compelling, tailoring your application to a particular granting agency's needs
- Each stage of the process from pre-writing through submission—and beyond: staying connected after submitting; following up with granters who have not responded; maintaining records about funding sources so you can keep track of when deadlines come around again next year
- How to create the budget section of the proposal?
- Strategies to adopt when funding organizations accept your application or deny it
Head over to Amazon to buy this helpful resource today.
6. Grant Writing: The Complete Workbook for Writing Grant Proposals that Win
Whether you are new to grant writing or have experience in it already, this book is to get you started or refresh your skills. It provides guides on locating the right donors who can bring your project to life. Like many of the other books we recommend, it also includes support templates, examples, as well as practical exercises that will get your project rolling.
The book answers questions such as:
- How do I apply for a grant?
- Can anyone apply, or is it limited to certain people only?
- What information should be included in the application process and how detailed does that need to be?
You can buy Grant Writing Complete Workbook for Proposals on Amazon today.