The Minority Rights Group International (MRG) is offering a free online course for civil society activists in/from Egypt to enhance the knowledge and skills of civil society activists to mainstream minority rights in their work.
The course also enables representatives of minority communities to develop skills and tools for the improvement of the lives of their communities.
- To introduce concepts of minority rights and discrimination (focusing on ethnic and religious minorities)
- To allow activists in different fields to mainstream minority rights in their work
- To develop awareness and understanding of international and regional mechanisms for minority rights
- To improve practical skills in lobbying and advocacy
- International Advocacy
- National Advocacy
- Gender and Intersectional Discrimination
- Conflict Resolution
- Organizational Management
- Monitoring and Documentation of Human Rights Abuses
- Combatting Hate speech
- Cultural Advocacy.
Topics do not need to be completed all at once and maybe revisited later. Most topics contain a short quiz or a series of exercises designed to help students apply their knowledge. Every module will include a compulsory webinar.
Timing: The course will run from August to October 2021.
- Candidates must be members of Egyptian civil society in Egypt or in the diaspora. Associations can include but is not limited to think tanks, human rights organizations of different specializations, gender and LGBTQI+ organizations/activists, art and culture organizations. Members of minority communities are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Applicants originally from other countries in the MENA region working or with an interest in working in/on Egypt will be considered, but kindly be aware that the priority will be given to Egyptian applicants.
- This call is open only for activists working in/on Egypt.