Deloitte Accelerator for Social Innovation in the Middle East (DASI) is a Deloitte Middle East Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability (CR&S) program that aims to help address the region's social challenges by empowering and supporting small and medium sized social enterprises to grow and scale their impact. Social enterprises are companies or NGO's that operate with a social or environmental purpose, while having a viable business model and sustainable revenue stream.
DASI's components include a regional competition across 13 countries in the Middle East to identify two winning innovative social enterprises that will receive customized Deloitte support packs of advisory services, mentorship, networking opportunities, and skills-development valued at over US$ 100,000. The program supports gender parity by encouraging social enterprises fully or partially owned by women to apply. Middle East countries include Jordan, Lebanon, Iraq, Palestinian territories, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Libya, or Yemen.
DASI supports the following objectives
- Pioneer the acceleration of social enterprises across the Middle East.
- Help to solve some of the region's pressing challenges by supporting social enterprises through advice, services, accessibility to knowledge and networks enabling them to scale up their impact.
- Spearhead the movement towards social innovation in the Middle East, raise awareness and engage stakeholders while reinforcing the firm's purpose of making an impact that matters in society.
- Support women advancement by encouraging women-led/managed social enterprises and women's participation in the social entrepreneurship field.
The program looks for organizations that have clear business models, social impact and can demonstrate how working with Deloitte will help them grow. The program is looking for social enterprises that are aligned with at least one of the following predefined themes:
- Education & skills-building
- Women advancement
- Health & well-being
- Environmental sustainability
- Humanitarian action
Development leaders are reading this to make sure that they don’t miss out on key insights, analysis, partnership and business opportunities that will put their businesses and organizations ahead.
Register now and get access to all of the content created on DARPE exclusively for business developers and partnership specialists.