Project Soar is Nonprofit organization, registered in the US and Morocco. The organization works to empower adolescent girls, providing them with educational curricula that help girls understand their value, voice, body, rights and path.
Over one year, Project Soar has been able to manage more than 30 sites in Morocco reaching-out 1,100 most vulnerable girls. They have been able to do so with few dedicated employees assisted by 90+ volunteers of trained facilitators.
These girls face the double discrimination of being female and young; they are often denied education and are subject to exploitation, child marriage and early motherhood. Project Soar solution includes the following;
- A signature girls empowerment curriculum delivered over 35 workshops along the school year. The curricula covered areas in
- Self-value and self-protection
- Advocacy and rights defending
- Communication skills
- Sports activities
- Trained facilitators who complete 12 days of training and are equipped with all the tools they need to empower teenage girls.
- Academic support and school work
"At Project Soar, I find my dreams. I hope Project Soar can be in many places in the world. Thank you very much for helping us. I love you Project Soar.” Zineb, Project Soar Girl Leader, Douar Laadam, April 2018
Project Soar Sustainability Model
- The availability and continuous training of empowered facilitators and volunteers, such as those coming from US Peace Corps, have tremendously kept the viability, dynamism and momentum of the program.
- The establishment of Alumni Clubs at which trained teenagers network with each other, discuss and address issues that they deem important to improve their socioeconomic and welfare status.
- The employment of Program Managers, Evaluators, Field Managers and Academic Supervisors.
- sustainable partnership with organizations that share the same mandate, vision and mission including:
Project Soar provides participating 12-18 years girls with school-related academic support Mathematics, Science and Language. This additional assistance encouraged girls to attend Project Soar’s program and to dramatically reduce dropping out of schools.
Project Soar is looking to introduce Information Technology tools to connect girls of all their Alumni Clubs to further empower them and to provide a running pipeline of volunteers and potential facilitators.
“I taught nine girls Project Soar’s program in the village where I live. From the very beginning the girls really enjoyed it as it changed their lives; they are now confident, content with themselves and making better grades." Habiba, Empowerment Facilitator, Aghbalou, July 2018