The French Embassy to Sudan is launching its 2021-2023 call for proposals to support projects from local civil society organizations through its development fund called PISCCA (Innovative Projects from Civil Societies and Coalitions of Actors).
- direct support to local civil society projects fighting for women and youth’s rights and gender equality through programming, provision of services, and advocacy ;
- the provision of capacity-building support through targeted training and workshops.
For the 2021-2023 PISCCA call for proposals, the French Embassy will give priority to local NGOs working on promoting and supporting women and youth’s participation in the political and democratic transition in Sudan, particularly targeting the most vulnerable groups (i.e refugees and internally displaced, rural people, low-skilled persons, domestic workers, imprisoned persons, disabled persons, etc.).
Proposals might include among others:
- Encouraging political participation among women and youth;
- Fostering civic education programs;
- Creating safe spaces for women and girls;
- Supporting young emerging organizations in structuring themselves;
- Encouraging the participation of women and youth in the electoral process.
- The expected nominal requested amount of the grant should not exceed 60 000 euros even though a lower or greater budget could be considered.
- The duration of the project can range from 12 to 15 months but should not go beyond 31st December 2023.
- Officially registered Sudanese civil society organizations (associations, NGOs, CBOs, association networks, self-help organizations, etc.)
- Profit-based organizations and international NGOs are not eligible.