Cairo Center for Development Benchmarking
Cairo Center for Development Benchmarking (CDB) is an energetic and dynamic limited liability company that specializes in research, publishing and learning in the field of development. CDB is committed to continuously deliver innovative and creative solutions in-line with the needs of the consultation, training and publishing in the MENA region, CDB aims to promote the best practices and outstanding models for development. CDB is significant for being energetic and active since it was founded in 2015.
1- Research in Development: CDB has conducted researches in several development topics including but not limited to:
- Macroeconomic analysis including economic trend analysis, long-term macroeconomic projections, analysis of alternative trends, impact of fiscal and monetary measures and counterfactual simulations of the economy.
Microdata including information at the level of projects, individual respondents, national surveys on Education, employment, and poverty.
- Field Studies to collect data, test hypotheses, and Experimental Design
Conducting Baseline Studies, Mid-term evaluation, and Final Evaluation, and Impact assessment.
Recruitment studies, needs assessment, and needs mapping.
- CDB has also excellent experience of mapping development data especially mapping indicators on the local level, mapping services and needs on GPS location identification.
- SDGs implementation including monitoring of SDGs reporting, and localization.
- Project Management for Development Organization including management of projects for international humanitarian assistance and relief.
- CDB has a special interest in benchmarking, comparing and indexing as it is a major theme of each research is how to benchmark National results to global and devolving countries’ performance.
- Research Ethics: CDB team is certified from USA National Institutes of Health (NIH) Office of Extramural Research on NIH training course on "Protecting Human Research Participants" this certification is related to the protection of the participants and security of collected data
2- Publishing in Development: DB has managed to translate several best-selling development books The translation included:
- The End of Poverty, by Jeffrey Sachs
- Should we tax the rich more? By Arthur Laffer, George Papandreou, Newt Gingrich, and Paul Krugman.
- The great escape health wealth and the origins of inequality, by Angus Deaton.
- Portfolios of the Poor: How the World's Poor Live on $2 a Day, by Daryl Collins, Jonathan Morduch, Stuart Rutherford & Orlanda Ruthven.
- The new geography of jobs, by Enrico Moretti.
3- Training in Development
CDB has developed several Courses on:
- Poverty measurement and mapping
- Research design and implementation
- Data Analysis using SPSS, Excel, STATA
- Econometrics and modelling
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- SDGs implementation
- Feasibility Study
- Social inclusion
Procurement Notices by Cairo Center for Development Benchmarking
Subscriber Only Content
Partners Worked with Cairo Center for Development Benchmarking
Subscriber Only Content