Supporting the peace process
Supporting the peace process in Yemen is a funded project by the European Union and implemented by GIZ. In response to the fragile situation in the Yemen context after 6 years in war, enormous challenges have jumped to the surface. The indiscriminate attacks on civilians have caused the desire to seek a peaceful solution to severely decrease on both sides. In order to support the peace process, the project has adapted five interlinked approaches which are:
- Strengthening local capacities for peace to promote peaceful co-existence.
- Strengthening institutional and professional capacities of selected NGOs and academic institutions.
- Conducting public relations campaigns.
- Strengthening the participation of women in the peace process and post-conflict agenda.
- Promoting the use of conflict-sensitive communication methods.