As a part of its efforts to help and support the national efforts to mitigate the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Kuwait Foundation for the Advancement of Sciences is launching a special call for research proposals that address the implications of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, in a number of priority sectors such as health, education and the economy.
The goal is that through the funding provided, a better understanding will be gained not only into the epidemiology and morphology of the virus, or potential therapies, but also into the economic implications of the disease, as well as how to ensure the continuity of sectors vital to the development of the society, such as education, during the outbreak of the pandemic. Researchers from academic and research institutions as well as the Ministry of Health and the private sector are invited to submit proposals aimed at addressing the following topics within these sectors:
- The Health Sector: Consideration will be given to research proposals in Public Health Policy, Innovation in medical practice, and Epidemiological studies. Consideration will be given to short term research that aims to provide insight, innovation, direction to public health policy, medical practices and projections of COVID-19 spread and consequences.
- The Economic Sector: Consideration will be given to research proposals and/or studies that assess the economic repercussions of the COVID-19 pandemic on Kuwaiti economy, as well as proposals that address mechanisms and approaches, in the short to medium term, to stimulate the economy within various sectors, with special consideration for the business affected, and in particular Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs).
- The Education Sector: Consideration will be given to studies specializing in digital education, and how to best transform the current platform of education in Kuwait, into a more technologically advanced system, in line with best international practices. Consideration will also be given to studies that provide potential frameworks for self and distance learning in public schools (K-12) and in higher education.
Type: Grant, Individual
Status: Accepting Bids
Deadline: 30 April 2020
Value: KD 10,000-20,000
Sectors: Economic Growth, Education, Health
Type of Services: Grant Management
Post date: 13 April 2020
For inquiry and more information, please email us at: email@example.com or call the following numbers:
or call the following numbers:
- Dr. Mohammad Al-Ramadhan (+965) 98822884 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prof. Maitham Safar (+965) 99361062 email: email@example.com
- Eng. Khalid Al-Awadhi (+965) 66884224 email: firstname.lastname@example.org