Empowering Gaza’s youth through theater
Empowering Gaza’s youth through theater is a dynamic cultural project that has been funded by International Fund for Cultural Diversity (IFCD) to facilitate the introduction and elaboration of policies and strategies that protect and promote the diversity of cultural expressions as well as the reinforcement of institutional infrastructures supporting viable cultural industries in the Palestinian community.
- Reinforcing the capacities of young people in theater production in Gaza Strip.
- Tackling the absence of academies/colleges that offer education in this subject.
- Widening participation in creation, production and distribution of cultural goods to previously excluded regions and social groups.
- supporting theater groups based in local communities from remote areas and facilitate access to theatre to 15 different locations.
- Creation of a theatre committee from the Basma’s Youth Network.
- Reinforcement of leadership skills for the theatre committee members.
- Establishment of partnerships with the University of Palestine UP, Palestinian NGOs Network – PNGO, General Union of Culture and Centers – GUCC and the Ministry of Culture.
- Development of a training manual on theatre production.
- Theatre production training for 90 students.
- Organization of discussions, debates and mobile theatre performances all over Gaza.